people ask me to write about “APPROPRIATE” dressing for middle age ladies :/….well What does age appropriate really means??? there are not set of rules that applies to all women.if you are happy when you look in the mirror, than its your AGE-APPROPRIATE.
In today’s world when everyone from 9 to 90 wearing jeans,there are lot of people who still believe in age-related fashion ahhh…..i don’t think number define your age, your attitude,your lifestyle and your energy do. what’s appropriate for one person can be different for another.
Dressing your age means feeling comfortable in your own skin. i have seen many ladies in their 50’s who are in amazing shape and pull off any outfit.its totally up to you if you want to dress edgy, classy or mixture of both.if you like to wear tailored jackets or modern clean cuts.now a days designers are making grown-up cloths which are trendy,cool yet polished.
Yes!!! you can wear your daughter jeans but of-course everything else need to be elevated with. maybe you can wear nice fitted blazer and pair of comfy pumps and you are ready to rock! if you want to get a title of COOL MOM from your kids than learn to dress fashionably. well that doesn’t mean you should dress like your son/daughter teenage friends :p it just mean to choose great cloths that are fashion forward and great style for you body type.
FEW TIPS FOR THOSE SEEKING A STYLE BOOST!
please note that these are just general guidelines, they don’t apply on everyone.keep trendy but only pick those trends that work for you.
- if your legs are wider at calf and ankle,avoid crop styles.
- get yourself nice signature or designer tote.big boring bags make to look old and big.
- if you are middle age and on heavy side. you need to dress accordingly,make yourself appear thinner by wearing solid colors.
- make sure to wear good bra.
- update your eye wear, weather they are prescription or just reading glasses.get the latest style according to your face cut.
- baggy sweats and over sized pants can make you look bigger.
- don’t always go for black dress.many women over 45 actually look better in colorful dress.
- get youthful hair style and a nice hair color.it will make you appear fresher and youthful.
- wear hip,trendy but comfortable shoes.
STILL GORGEOUS & STYLISH MIDDLE AGE AND BEYOND!
FAMOUS POWERFUL AND STYLISH LADIES!
HELEN MIRREN, 67
THE QUEEN 86
so in the end the key to look age appropriate and modern is to pay attention what feels right on you.take a cue from women who do it well, women who dress their age but still look fab and above that all,like themselves. STAY CHIC AT ANY AGE….XOXO